In search of the perfect summer salad? I’m always on the hunt for healthy, nutrient-dense recipes to cleanse the body and keep me fueled all day long!
I especially love this fresh and flavorful shrimp and avocado salad from Skinnytaste. It’s light, refreshing, and doesn’t require any cooking – a win-win!
You can read the full blog post by Skinnytaste here. Or take a look at this quick overview below, and let me know how you like it!
Low-Cal Zesty Lime Shrimp & Avocado Salad
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
Lime juice and cilantro are the key ingredients to creating this wonderful, healthy salad you’ll want to make all summer long. Made with cooked peeled shrimp and the freshest ingredients – avocados, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and chopped jalapeño tossed with some freshly squeezed lime juice and a touch of olive oil.
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, black pepper to taste
- 1 lb jumbo cooked, peeled shrimp, chopped*
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium hass avocado, diced (about 5 oz)
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
- In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeño.
- Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 197 calories
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 221mg
- Sodium: 330mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 25g
Read more at Skinnytaste.com.